Raising Bengal kittens
It will be right if the upbringing begins on the first day of the stay of the Bengal kitten in his new home. Usually this is a baby at the age of 4 months. The nature of bengals is such that it is necessary to pay attention to habitualization and close socialization. It is necessary to spend as much time with the pet as possible: pick it up, stroke it – that is, ensure regular tactile contact. You can invite friends to meet you, be sure to take your four-legged friend out for a walk – the kitten should get used to both people and other animals. A person who prefers domestic cats walking “on their own”, a breed like Bengal, it is better not to choose. The factor that cats and cats are socially active, like free movement, must be seriously considered, otherwise the animal will necessarily “run wild”, will be underlined as unsociable.
Raising Bengal kittens
Conditions of detention: how to equip a comfortable stay of a Bengal cat in the house
Household items that Bengal cats really need include:
– Separate bowls for feed and water;
– a bed-litter or a box – a lodge, you can use a spacious basket;
– a toilet in the form of an open tray or a closed structure, a filler in it (it happens that the cat does not go into the tray, preferring the toilet bowl);
– toys in a wide range of assortments – sticks, balls, artificial rodents, a wheel for running, ideally a game complex is desirable, different houses – the need for active games at bengals is increased;
– Clawpads preferably of two types – with rigid and soft structures (wood, cork, rope, bark).
Also, from time to time, a special carrying box or bag for transportation is required.
Scratching posts help to save the atmosphere and the interior of the house from the claws of a domestic predator. Even if the pet walks on the street – in the apartment he will sharpen his claws several times a day. When choosing an accessory, pay attention to:
– stability, structural strength;
– quality of materials, functionality;
– sufficient height for an adult animal: a Bengal cat, to clutch its claws, actively stretches the body.
Since Bengal cats like to scratch surfaces at different angles, it’s more rational to install several claws — vertical (there may be a resting area at the top), wall, horizontal.