HOW TO BUY THE BENGALIAN KITTEN CORRECTLY
The Bengal cat breed is becoming increasingly popular. This means that sellers of kittens are becoming more and more, and you can already get a pet on the Internet without much hassle. And if you want to save money – even with your hands. However, those who know the information or have experience buying animals understand that it is better to go to the kennel for a thoroughbred cat than to dubious sellers who blindly pursue fashion.
WHAT KENNELS ARE
Nurseries are breeders who have proven and selected manufacturers: males and females. Such institutions are necessarily registered in felinological systems and clubs. Only a kennel with such registration can guarantee that breed standards are strictly adhered to, and kitten buyers receive 100% Bengalis.
An important advantage of nurseries is that they make sure that the kittens are genetically healthy. Like all breeding breeds, the Bengal cat breed is susceptible to a number of genetic diseases. Therefore, it is important that manufacturers are tested for hereditary diseases. In a proven nursery, two carriers of mutated genes are never crossed to avoid getting sick offspring. The results of genetic research for the breeder for breeding work are simply necessary. Cats from the cattery always participate in exhibitions and other similar events. If you want to buy an animal that is ready for various shows and accustomed to the public, then there is simply no better place to buy than a nursery.
THE PROCESS OF SELECTION AND QUALITY OF THE KENNEL
Buying a kitten in a family is an emotional process. Most likely, some kid will immediately like you, and some of the animals will immediately fall in love with you. However, emotions are not the only thing to be guided by a choice. After all, you get a pet for many years.
What to look for?
1. The content of males and females. To avoid uncontrolled mating, males should be kept separately from females in the nursery. Females can live in groups, but males are better off individually. After all, they do not get along well with each other, and can fight.
2. Smell and order. The nursery should not have very strong odors. If employees clean the trays on time, the smell will not be “deadly.” The Bengalis are very active, they can quickly put the whole situation in a mess. However, you can definitely distinguish the disorder caused by animals from chronic sloppiness.
3. The area of the premises. The premises of the nursery should be spacious enough so that the animals can feel at ease.
4. Parents of a kitten. Sometimes you can see both your dad and your baby’s mom. But if the nursery cooperates with other breeders, then perhaps you will be shown only one of the parents. Be sure to demand the results of genetic tests of both male and female!
5. Care for kittens. Kittens should have clean eyes and ears, soft, pleasant, and not sticky coat. A healthy animal has a clean and slightly moist nose, no bad breath, all teeth are in place, and the bite is correct.
6. Characteristic. A competently working breeder always notices the character of each kitten. You choose an animal for you and for your family members, so it is important that the temperament of the “Bengal” match. “Take any kitten!” – such an answer will definitely not suit you.
And most importantly – if you have any doubts about the breeder or the animal itself, it’s better not to buy it. Do not rush, you will definitely find your Bengal kitten!