What is desirable to add to the menu
Even if the cat doesn’t eat straight, it’s useful to give the Bengal cat raw chicken white cartilage from chicken breasts, separating them from the bones. Entirely pre-frozen daily chickens can be offered. It is highly advisable to introduce cooked chicken necks as an additive. The recipe is simple:
– free from skin;
– scroll with a meat grinder (grind to a pasty state);
– Freeze minced paste obtained portionwise.
Such an additive is useful to everyone, but is especially necessary for growing Bengalis, that is, young animals up to two years old.
What is excluded from the menu.
In addition to the fact that all cats are banned due to the lack of appropriate enzymes for splitting potatoes and eggplant, Bengal cats do not want to eat legumes (difficult to digest, gas formation of peas, corn, beans), whole fresh milk, especially cow. Contrary to ideas, it is better not to give fish or seafood to representatives of this breed often – only a small number of times a week is permissible, no more (pollock and similar varieties of low-fat sea fish are suitable).
Bengals of any age are categorically forbidden:
– bones – in addition to the fact that the animal can choke, solid particles damage the esophagus, stomach, and clog the intestines;
– fatty, fried, spicy (peppercorns, salted, smoked) foods – disrupt the metabolism, cause an upset gastrointestinal tract;
– all sweets that weaken the immune system, upset the metabolism, lead to tooth diseases (chocolate containing theobromine poisonous for cats, which causes severe poisoning, even death of a Bengal cat, is especially dangerous);
– medicines, even vitamins made for humans, – having in the body its own special balance of substances, the cat may become poisonous, the kidneys of the animal may fail, which will lead to death.
When, how, how much to feed
A baby Bengal cat bought at first eats 5-6 times, after four months of life – 4 times, six months – 3 times, and from 8-9 months, like adult cats, it is invited to eat 2 times a day. The rules of feeding are simple:
– dry food is poured strictly in the amount corresponding to the recommendations on the package: the animal must quickly, without residue, eat the entire portion;
– canned food, like natural food, is served slightly warm or at room temperature;
– raw meat, offal is preliminarily subjected to deep freezing for five days, and then, thawing and dousing with boiling water (preferably, but not necessary), the pieces are given to the cat.
Whatever type of feeding is chosen, including mixed, it is unacceptable to leave any food in the bowl except “drying”. An animal can eat spoiled food – then eating disorders can not be avoided.
It is necessary to take into account, when compiling the diet, the predisposition of Bengal cats to overweight. In the long-stay mode, energy costs are low, therefore, calorie intake may exceed their consumption. This is not about extra pounds – some 300-500 grams in excess of the norm already affect the health of the pet negatively.